Who do we share your data with?
By joining, members consent to be contacted by ClubCISO through post, email or telephone concerning ClubCISO activities.
In addition, members may opt into the Plek App for ClubCISO groups and LinkedIn discussions and other future platforms. Members doing so recognise that their names and contact details will be identifiable to other members, who are at liberty to connect directly.
Members have clearly indicated that no commercial organisations offering services may be introduced to the group, and no member data may be shared with third parties without explicit written consent.
Names of organisations that are part of ClubCISO can be shared with members on request, but only individuals can volunteer their names to other members (e.g. through the Plek App for ClubCISO or LinkedIn).
Relevant anonymised comments made by members within ClubCISO groups and forums may be shared publicly by ClubCISO but only if exclusively for the benefit of the organisation and its members.
How you can access, correct, or remove your personal information?
To ensure that we are able to provide you with our membership benefits, it’s important that you make sure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If any of your details require updating, you may contact us using the contact details below so that we can consider and respond to your request.
You have the following rights as a data subject:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of your personal data
- the right to access your personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for our own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
- the right to complain to the relevant privacy regulator
All requests should be made to email@example.com
There is no charge to submit such a request.
How you can make a privacy complaint?
You can also use our contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
We will investigate and resolve your complaint within 1 month of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and indicate a new estimated time frame.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant privacy regulator, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office if you reside in the United Kingdom.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement, our management of your information or you would like a copy of this statement sent to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact Telstra’s Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com
You can download a pdf copy of this statement on our website, at www.ClubCISO.org